If you see a "Lite mode" link in the bottom right corner of the map, you're using a simplified version of Google Maps. Being in Lite mode means that:
- Maps will work faster for you in Lite mode
- Your browser or operating system may be outdated
- 3D Earth view and other 3D imagery won’t work
Learn more about Lite mode in this video (English only, 1:07)
Lite mode on Google Maps
Learn about the simpler, faster version of Maps
Get 3D imagery in Google Maps
To use the full version of Google Maps, with 3D imagery, first make sure your computer meets these requirements. Then, click the button below.
Troubleshooting Lite mode
If you still don't see the full version, try these troubleshooting steps:
- Restart your browser, like Chrome, Firefox, or Internet Explorer
- Make sure you've updated your operating system, especially any video card driver updates.
Improve Maps speed using Lite mode
If you have the full version of the new Google Maps and it seems slow, try switching to Lite Mode by clicking the button below.
If a link isn't working, make sure you're using your country's Google Maps domain, like maps.google.es for Spain.