About Google Maps Labs (classic Maps)
Google Maps Labs allows you to try out experimental features in the classic Maps.
How to turn on Labs
To turn on a Labs feature in Google Maps:
- Go to the classic Google Maps.
- Click Maps Labs at the bottom of the panel that’s to the left of the map.
- This will bring up a list of Labs features that you can enable. Select Enable for the features you want to use, and then click Save changes.
If you're signed in to Maps with your Google account, we will remember which Labs you have enabled on your next visit to Google Maps.
Things to know
If you're going to brave the Labs world, it's important to keep the following things in mind about Labs features:
- They may break at any time.
- Similarly, they may disappear temporarily or permanently.
- They may work so well that they graduate and become regular features.
If you encounter any problems while you have a Labs feature enabled, here are some things you can do:
- Go to http://maps.google.com/maps?ftr= to temporarily disable Labs and get your account back to normal.
- If you'd like to help pinpoint the problem, you can disable each feature until the problem goes away; then, report what happened.
- Give us feedback by visiting the Labs feedback group. You can use the feedback groups as a place to report bugs, tell us what you like and dislike about the feature, and share special ways in which you're using it.