Organize your places with “My Places” (classic Maps)
Organize content relevant to you on the classic Google Maps with My Places. Here’s what you’ll find in My Places:
- My Maps: Maps you've created to share information with others. Learn how to create a map.
- Starred locations: Landmarks, businesses, or addresses that you’ve saved so you can find them easily on the map. Read more about starring locations.
- Ratings: Businesses you’ve rated and reviews you’ve written.
- Check ins: Locations where you’ve previously checked in.
- Web history: Locations or directions you’ve searched for or viewed in the past if Web History was turned on. You can pause or turn on Web History from your Web History page.
See your places
To see your maps, saved locations, and other places, go to My Places:
- Open the classic Google Maps.
Note: These directions relate to classic Maps only.
- Click the My places button on the left side of the map. If you're not signed in, you’ll need to sign in to your Google Account.
- Your content will appear on the left side of the map. Click the tabs at the top to see specific types of information:
- Maps: See custom maps that you’ve created through My Map or Maps Engine Lite (Beta).
- Starred: See your starred locations in a list.
- Your ratings, check ins, and directions will appear under the More menu.
Delete content from My Places
You can delete content in My Places:
- Click the My places button.
- Click the drop-down arrow to the right of any item.
- Select Delete from the menu.
Deleting information from the My places tab will also permanently remove it from any related activities. For example, deleting a rating from this list will also remove it from your Google+ Local ratings.