Report a problem or fix the map (classic Maps)
Do you see missing or incorrect information for an address, street, or directions? Want to add a business or other place to the map? Tell us about changes in the world around you that aren't reflected in Google Maps.
Problems with the map
You can report many types of issues with the map, such as problems with addresses, markers, zip codes, roads, directions, and transit.
- Open the classic Google Maps.
Note: These directions relate to classic Maps only.
- Click Report a problem in the bottom righthand corner of the map. If you don't see the tool, you can edit the map directly using Map Maker where available.
- Select the type of problem under "Problem related to…"
- Follow instructions for the type of problem you’re reporting. For certain categories, you can select the "Email me when problem is resolved" box.
- Click Submit.
Problems with a business or other place
You can edit inaccurate details for a business or other place currently on the map. Suggest changes to details like business name, address, phone, website, and marker location.
- Open Google Maps.
- Search for a place on the map and click the title of the result in the lefthand panel.
- In the info window, click more > Report a problem. If you don't see the tool, you can edit the map directly using Map Maker where available.
- Report problems or suggest changes using the tools on this page. Learn more about suggesting changes to a place.
- Click Submit.
Add a new place
You can add a new business, landmark, or other place to the map.
- Center the map on the area where the place or business is located.
- Click Report a problem in the bottom righthand corner of the map.
- Click add a new place or business near the bottom of the window.
- Follow the instructions to add a new place, then add details.
- Click Submit.
- The Street view image is incorrect or inappropriate. Learn how to report a Street View image.
- Satellite imagery needs updating. You are not currently able to report satellite imagery. You can, however, use the Follow Your World tool to find out when new imagery will be available.
- Report inappropriate reviews on a listing. If you see an inappropriate review on a place, you can use Google+ Local to request that it be removed.
- Search for the place with the inappropriate review.
- Click [number] reviews or Be the first to review to go to the place’s Google+ Local page.
- Click the flag beside the review.
- Complete the form and click Submit.
Learn more about the policy criteria for removing reviews.
Related issues"Report a problem" link is grayed out or unavailable
If the “Report a problem” link is grayed out, editing may be locked for this particular location. If you don't see the tool, you can edit the map directly using Map Maker where available.
Contribute your knowledge of the world to add or change map information for more than 200 countries and regions with Google Map Maker. Map Maker is only available in certain countries.
To edit Google Maps in Map Maker:
- Open maps.google.com.
- Click the Edit in Map Maker button in the bottom right of the screen.
- Click Add New or Edit. Make your edits, then click Save when finished.
We’ll confirm your report with other users, data providers, or existing Maps information. Due to the volume of reports, we may not be able to respond to you directly. If approved, your change may take some time to appear on the map.