You can calculate the distance between two or more points on the map. For example, you can measure the mileage in a straight line between two cities.
- On your computer, open Google Maps. If you're using Maps in Lite mode, you’ll see a lightning bolt at the bottom and you won't be able to measure the distance between points.
- Right-click on your starting point.
- Choose Measure distance.
- Click anywhere on the map to create a path to measure. To add another point, click anywhere on the map.
- Optional: Drag a point or path to move it, or click a point to remove it.
- At the bottom, you’ll see the total distance in miles (mi) and kilometers (km).
- When done: On the card at the bottom, click Close .