Measure & calculate distance
You can measure the distance between two or more points on the map using Google Maps. For example, you can measure the distance between two cities.
Measure the distance between points
- Open Google Maps.
- Go to the search box and click . That will clear the map.
- Right-click on your starting point.
- Click Measure distance.
- Click anywhere on the map to create a path you want to measure. Click to add additional measuring points.
- [Optional] Drag a point to move it, or click a point to remove it.
- Look under the search box for the total distance in both miles (mi) and kilometers (km).
When done, go to the card below the search box and click the . Or right-click on the map and select Clear measurement.Note: If you're using Maps in Lite mode, you won't be able to measure the distance between points.
Laura is a Google Maps expert and author of this help page. Leave her feedback about the page.