Measure distance between points
You can measure the distance between two or more points on the map using Google Maps. For example, you can measure the distance between two cities.Computer
- Open Google Maps.
- Right-click on your starting point.
- Choose Measure distance.
- Click anywhere on the map to create a path you want to measure. Click to add additional measuring points.
- Optional: Drag a point to move it, or click a point to remove it.
- Look under the search box for the total distance in both miles (mi) or kilometers (km).
When done, right-click on the map and select Clear measurement or go to the card at the bottom and click the .Note: If you're using Maps in Lite mode, you won't be able to measure the distance between points.
- Open the Google Maps app .
- Hold and touch a point on the map. A red pin will appear.
- From the bottom, swipe up on the name of the place.
- Scroll down on the place’s page and choose Measure distance.
- Move the map so that the black circle, or crosshairs, is where you want to measure. To include it in the total distance, touch the blue +.
- Look at the bottom of the map to see the total distance in miles (mi) or kilometers (km).
- Optional: Repeat steps 5 and 6 to add additional measuring points.
- Optional: To remove a point, touch undo . To clear all points, touch the menu > Clear.
When done, touch the back arrow in the top left.
Note: This is only available on Android.