Measure and calculate distance
You can measure the distance between two or more points on the map using Google Maps. For example, you can measure the distance between two cities.
Measure distance between points
- Open Google Maps, and click in the search box to start with a clean map.
- Right-click on your starting point.
- Click Measure distance.
- Click anywhere on the map to create a path you want to measure. Click to add additional measuring points.
- [Optional] Drag a point to move it, or click a point to remove it.
- Look under the search box for the total distance in both miles (mi) and kilometers (km).
When done, click the in the card under the search box or right-click on the map and select Clear measurement.Note: If you're using Maps in Lite mode, you won't be able to measure the distance between points.
Laura is a Google Maps expert and author of this help page. Leave her feedback about the page.