You can measure the distance between 2 or more points on the map. For example, you can measure the mileage in a straight line between 2 cities.
Important: If you're using Maps in Lite mode, you can’t measure the distance between points. If there’s a lightning bolt at the bottom, you’re in Lite mode. Learn more about other versions of Google Maps.
To measure the distance between two points:
- On your computer, open Google Maps.
- Right-click on your starting point.
- Select Measure distance.
- To create a path to measure, click anywhere on the map. To add another point, click anywhere on the map.
- At the bottom, you can find the total distance in miles (mi) and kilometers (km).
- Tip: To move a point or path, click and drag it. To remove a point, click it.
- When finished, on the card at the bottom, click Close .