You can measure the distance between 2 or more points on the map. For example, you can measure the mileage in a straight line between 2 cities.
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Google Maps app .
- Touch and hold anywhere on the map that isn’t a place’s name or icon. A red pin appears.
- Select Measure distance .
- Move the map so that the black circle is on the next point you want to add.
- At the bottom right, tap Add point .
- At the bottom, you can find the total distance in miles (mi) and kilometers (km).
- Tip: You can add multiple points.
- To remove the last point you added, tap Undo . To clear all points, at the top right, tap More Clear.
- When finished, tap the back arrow in the top left.