Measure distance between points
You can calculate the distance between two or more points on the map. For example, you can measure the mileage in a straight line between two cities.
Step 1: Add the first point
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Google Maps app .
- Touch and hold anywhere on the map. You'll see a red pin appear.
- At the bottom, tap the name of the place.
- On the place’s page, scroll down and choose Measure distance.
Step 2: Add the next point or points
- Move the map so that the black circle, or crosshairs, is on the next point you want to add.
- At the bottom right, tap Add .
- Add points until you're done.
Step 3: Get the distance
- At the bottom, you’ll see the total distance in miles (mi) or kilometers (km).
- Optional: To remove the last point you added, tap Undo . To clear all points: At the top right, tap More Clear.
- When done, tap the back arrow in the top left.