Share the map
Whether you’ve found a cool spot or have helpful directions, you can share your map with others over email, Google+, Facebook, Twitter, or text.
- Open Google Maps.
- Make a map or get directions.
- When you're ready to share, click the main menu .
- Select Share or embed map.
If you don't see Share or embed map, click Link to this map instead.
- [Optional] Check the box next to "Short URL" to create a shorter web page link.
- Double-click the link to highlight it, then copy it by pressing CTRL+C (for PC) or ⌘+C (for Mac).
- Paste the link by pressing CTRL+V (for PC) or ⌘+V (for Mac) wherever you want to share the map, like an email or Google+ post.
Note: If you don't see the main menu, look for the gear icon in the bottom right.
You can also copy the web address from your browser's address bar in all browsers except Internet Explorer 8 or 9.
What you can share
You can share these types of maps:
A place, business, or address
A directions search
A Street View image
From within Google Maps, you can't share:
A map with your saved locations (those are private to you)
A map with a distance measurement
A screenshot or image of the map itself
By sharing a short URL, you can leave more room to say what's on your mind. For example, the short URL http://goo.gl/l6MS is easier to share than the long URL http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2009/12/making-urls-shorter-for-google-toolbar.html. Learn more about the Google URL shortener.
Laura is a Google Maps expert and author of this help page. Leave her feedback about the page.