Share the map
Whether you’ve found a cool spot or have helpful directions, you can share your map with others over email, Google+, Facebook, Twitter, or text.
- Open Google Maps.
- Make a map or get directions.
- When you're ready to share, click the main menu .
- Select Share or embed map.
If you don't see Share or embed map, click Link to this map instead.
- [Optional] Check the box next to "Short URL" to create a shorter web page link.
- Double-click the link to highlight it, then copy it by pressing CTRL+C (for PC) or ⌘+C (for Mac).
- Paste the link by pressing CTRL+V (for PC) or ⌘+V (for Mac) wherever you want to share the map, like an email or Google+ post.
You can also copy the web address from your browser's address bar in all browsers except Internet Explorer 8 or 9.
What you can share
You can share these types of maps:
A place, business, or address
A directions search
A Street View image
From within Google Maps, you can't share:
A map with your saved locations (those are private to you)
A map with a distance measurement
A screenshot or image of the map itself
By sharing a short URL, you can leave more room to say what's on your mind. For example, the short URL http://goo.gl/l6MS is easier to share than the long URL http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2009/12/making-urls-shorter-for-google-toolbar.html. Learn more about the Google URL shortener.