Share the map
Found a cool spot? Have some helpful directions? You can share your map with others over email, Google+, Facebook, Twitter, or text.
Make a map or get directions.
- When you're ready to share, click the settings gear icon . in the bottom right.
If you don't see the settings gear icon , see the alternate instructions at the bottom of this page.
- Select Share and embed the map.
- [Optional] Check the box next to "Short URL" to create a shorter link.
- Double-click the link to highlight it, then copy it by pressing CTRL+C (for PC) or ⌘+C (for Mac).
- Paste the link by pressing CTRL+V (for PC) or ⌘+V (for Mac) wherever you want to share the map, like an email or Google+ post.
You can also copy the link from your browser's address bar.
More informationWhat you can share
You can share the following types of maps:
A place, business, or address
A directions search
A Street View image
From within Google Maps, you can't share:
A map with your saved locations (those are private only to you)
A map with a distance measurement
A screenshot or image of the map itself
By sharing a short URL, you can leave more room to say what's on your mind. For example, the short URL http://goo.gl/l6MS is easier to share than the long URL http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2009/12/making-urls-shorter-for-google-toolbar.html. Learn more about the Google URL shortener
If the instructions above didn't work, you might be on the classic version of Maps. Follow these alternate instructions:Share a map or directions on the classic Google Maps
- Open the classic Google Maps.
- Search for the place you'd like to share.
- At the top left panel, click the link button .
- Copy the URL or click Send to email the link to another person.
You can share maps in a few different ways (depending on where you are):
- Paste link in email or instant message: In this field, you'll see a URL that you can copy and paste. Click Short URL to shorten the link.
- Paste HTML to embed in website: You can copy and paste this HTML to embed the map in your website. Click Customize and preview embedded map to adjust map size and preview what the embedded map will look like. Learn how to embed a map.