Share a map or directions with others
You can share a location, directions, or a map. You can share:
- A place, business, or address
- A directions search
- A Street View image
You can't share:
- A map with your saved locations, which are private
- A map with a distance measurement
- A screenshot or image of the map itself
Share a map or location
- On your computer, open Google Maps.
- Go to the directions, map, or Street View image you want to share.
- On the top left, click Menu .
- Select Share or embed map. If you don't see this option, click Link to this map.
- Optional: To create a shorter web page link, check the box next to "Short URL."
- Copy and paste the link wherever you want to share the map.
Embed a map or directions
Note: Traffic and other Maps info is sometimes not available in the embedded map.
- Open Google Maps.
- Go to the directions, map, or Street View image you'd like to embed.
- In the top left, click Menu .
- Click Share or embed map.
- Click Embed map.
- To the left of the text box, pick the size you want by clicking the Down arrow .
- Copy the text in the box. Paste it into the HTML of your website or blog.
Was this helpful?
How can we improve it?