Making more than one stop on your trip? You can add multiple destinations to your directions:
- Create directions for the first two destinations of your trip.
- In the box at the top of the left panel, click Add Destination and enter an address. Or right-click on the map and choose Add destination to add that location to your directions.
- Repeat Step 2 to add another destination.
Remove or Edit DestinationsYou can remove a destination from your directions. There are two ways to do this:
- Click "X" beside the destination in the left panel.
- Right-click on the destination marker on the map and click Remove destination.
You can edit an existing destination in two ways:
- Click Edit beside the destination and re-enter a new address.
- Click and drag the destination marker to a new location on the map.
Customize your route
Once you have created your directions, you can customize your exact route:
- Avoid or include certain road or locations in your directions.
- Compare the route, distance and mileage of different routes.
- Route around bad traffic.
- Drag the directions to change the route. Each time you drag your directions, you add a destination as part of the route.
To drag your directions:
- Create a set of directions.
- Click and drag any point on the purple directions line to any location of the map. Google Maps immediately re-creates the directions on both the map and left panel. The point you added appears as a white dot on the route. Note that Google Maps also updates the estimated travel time and distance.
- Move a destination by dragging a marker to another location on the map.