Print the map and directions
You can print Google Maps with place information or images you find on the map.
Print the map
When you print a map, it'll include the same information that you see on the screen. To print a map:
- Adjust your map to show the content you want to print.
- When ready, click File > Print in your browser’s menu bar. You can also hit CTRL+P (for PC) or +P (for Mac) on your keyboard to print.
- Your browser's print dialog will appear. Follow the instructions to print your map.
You can print directions that appear in Google Maps:
- Search for directions and click Details for driving directions or Next trip for public transport information in the card below the search box.
If you don't see the Details link, see alternate instructions at the bottom of this page.
- Adjust your map to show the part of the map you want to print.
- Click the printer icon at the top.
- Follow the instructions to print your directions.
If the instructions above didn't work, you might be on the classic version of Maps. Follow these alternate instructions:Print the map or directions on the classic Google Maps
- Open the classic Google Maps.
- Make a map or get directions.
- Click the print icon that appears at the top of the left panel. A print page appears which gives you additional options:
- Add notes in the top right corner.
- Drag and zoom the map to optimize the view.
- When you are ready, click Print in the upper right-hand corner. If no print button appears, click File > Print in your browser's menu bar. Or hit CTRL+P or + P (for Mac) to print.
If you are printing directions, you can also do the following:
- Show Text only, Maps, or Street View for all steps - Click one of these options in the top left of your screen to choose how you would like to view the directions.
- Include a large map - Select this checkbox in the top left of your screen to display a map of your directions. Note that you can zoom in or out and drag the map.
- Roll over the directions to customize each step - For each step of your directions, roll over to select whether you would like the step to be text only, text with a map, or text with a Street View image. You can't print Satellite or Terrain views in Google Maps. To print satellite images, please use Google Earth.
At this time, some features of custom maps may not print, including custom icons & polygon fill color.
Laura is a Google Maps expert and author of this help page. Leave her feedback about the page.