You can play, pause, skip and change music without minimising Google Maps navigation.
Important: This feature is not available in all locations.
Tip: Navigation works with Apple Music and Spotify.
- On your iPhone or iPad, open the Google Maps app .
- Tap your profile picture or initial Settings Navigation Show media playback controls.
- Choose a media app Next OK.
- To change your media settings, tap your profile picture or initial Settings Navigation Music playback controls.
- Controls for the media player that you’ve chosen show at the bottom of the screen in Google Maps navigation.
Choose your default music service with Google Assistant
You can select your preferred music-streaming service to be your default music source when you use Google Assistant while navigating.
- On your iPhone or iPad, open the Google Assistant app .
- In the top right, tap your profile picture or initial Services Music.
- Choose a music service. For some services, you may be asked to sign into your account.
Learn how to use your music service with Google Assistant.