You can play, pause, skip and change music without minimising Google Maps navigation.
Important: This feature is not available in all locations.
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Google Maps app .
- Tap your profile picture or initial Settings Navigation settings Show media playback controls.
- Choose a media app Next OK.
- To change your media settings, tap your profile picture or initial Settings Navigation settings Music playback controls.
- Controls for the media player that you’ve chosen show at the bottom of the screen in Google Maps navigation.
Choose your default music service with Google Assistant
You can select your preferred music streaming service to be your default music source when you use Google Assistant while navigating.
- On your Android phone or tablet, say 'Hey Google, open Assistant settings.'
- Under 'Popular settings', tap Music.
- Choose a music service. For some services, you may be asked to sign into your account.