You can change the color theme of Google Maps on your mobile device. Dark theme can make your screen easier to read and reduce battery usage.
Turn on dark theme
Important: All of these steps are only available on Android 10 or Q and up. Learn how to check your Android version
- On your Android phone 10+ phone, open the Google Maps app .
- Tap your profile picture or initial Settings Theme.
- Select one of the following options:
- Always in light theme: Dark theme is always disabled in Maps, regardless of system settings.
- Always in dark theme: Dark theme is always enabled in Maps, regardless of systems settings.
- Same as device theme: Follow Android system Dark theme setting. In Android 10+ this is under Settings Display.
- Tap Save.