Getting started guide
Introduction to editing
All editable features in Map Maker can be classified as one of the following:
- Places: such as restaurants, shops, universities, and hospitals.
- Lines: such as roads, rivers, railways, trails, and ferry boat lines.
- Outlines, features, or boundaries:
- Building outlines such as apartment buildings, monuments, and lighthouses.
- Natural features such as lakes, vegetation, mountains and deserts
- Political features or boundaries such as cities, localities and other administrative divisions.
- Directions and intersections: such as instructions for getting from point A to point B, and the traffic signs on the trip.
You can either add or edit these features. Click either Add new or Edit to begin improving the map.
Was this article helpful?
How can we improve it?