Getting started guide
Introduction to editing
All editable features in Map Maker can be classified as one of the following:
- Places: such as restaurants, shops, universities, and hospitals.
- Lines: such as roads, rivers, railways, trails, and ferry boat lines.
- Outlines, features, or boundaries:
- Building outlines such as apartment buildings, monuments, and lighthouses.
- Natural features such as lakes, vegetation, mountains and deserts
- Political features or boundaries such as cities, localities and other administrative divisions.
- Directions and intersections: such as instructions for getting from point A to point B, and the traffic signs on the trip.
You can either add or edit these features. Click either Add new or Edit to begin improving the map.