While Google Map Maker lets you map places you know, there are few locations you're not allowed to add to the map. Places like this may include but aren’t limited to the following:
- Businesses closed "temporarily" for more than 2 weeks
- Illegal businesses in the specific country/state
- Places for rent or sale
- Seasonal businesses without a permanent, recurring location
- Temporary, one-time events
- Vacation homes without permanent onsite management
- Adult Entertainment services (If illegal in the country)
- Online-only businesses
- Service area businesses listing addresses without a permanent physical address / closed to the public
- Humorous Street View photos
|Private listings and premises
- Celebrity homes
- Your home
- Details about military/sensitive establishments such as: ammunition bases, missile depots, military barracks, nuclear power plants, that are not publicly known or can't be found on an official or government website.
- Note: Unnamed buildings are permitted in Map Maker.