Getting started guide
Sharing with Map Maker
Share your Map Maker contributions with your Google+ circles or by sending a link to the page. Show off your contribution to Google Maps to friends and family.
Share with Google+
- Navigate to the Map Maker edit/neighborhood you'd like to share.
- Open the Share window from the upper right corner of your browser.
- When you share from Map Maker, the following are automatically included:
- Link to the map location or feature
- Description of the edit, feature, or area
- Add a custom message.
- Select who you want to share with, choosing from your circles or specific people in the drop-down menu below. You can also directly add email addresses or start typing a contact's name to share something with a specific person.
- Click the Share button to post to your Google+ profile.
Note: Anything you share from Map Maker will appear on your Google+ profile to the circles and individuals with whom you’ve shared the post. People in your circles can comment on your post. You can modify and comment on the share just like any other Google+ post.
Share with a link
You can also share a link to a feature you’ve mapped:
- Select the feature/area you want to get the link.
- Click Link to this page at the top right corner.
- A window will appear displaying the link.
- Tick Short URL if you want a short link.
- Copy the link/short link and share it with other mappers, on any social networking site, or via email.