Edit a line or multiple lines
Because a linear feature is usually composed of multiple segments, you can edit individual segments as well as the entire feature.
Edit a segment
- Zoom-in to the segment you want to edit.
- Right-click on the map and select Find near this point from the drop-down.
- Select the segment you want to change.
- Click Edit and then select Edit this segment from the drop-down.
- Edit the segment:
- Move the nodes to align the line with the satellite imagery.
- Update the information in the left panel. Changing the attributes of any segment does not change the attributes of the entire line.
- Edit the name of specific segment(s) by using the Select Road Segments tool.
- Click Save.
Edit the entire feature
- Find and select the line feature you want to edit.
- Select Edit and click Edit Entire “feature name” from the drop-down.
- Edit the geometry of the feature and update the information in the left panel.
- Click Save.
Note: If part of the route has an alternate name, please use the Select Road Segment tool to add the name in that route.
Edit multiple road or trail segments
- Select Edit on the top left of the viewport and click Select Road Segmentsfrom the drop-down.
- Click on segments to select or deselect for editing.
- Drag the green markers to extend selection.
- Once the segment is selected, click Next to proceed to further editing options.
- Edit the segments:
- Select Edit road attributes to edit attributes of a long stretch of a road.
- Edit road names.
- Convert to trail - Learn more about when to convert a road into a trail.
- Once done, click Save.