Service Area Business
Service Area Businesses (SABs) are businesses that provide their service at the customer's location. If you wish to map a service area business on Map Maker, you can add the business at the location where it physically exists.
Why are SABs redirected to Places?
- Google Places carries out specific verification process to verify the physical location of businesses and SABs in particular
- Google Places also gets in touch with the owner of the SAB in order to get specific details and verify them to avoid spam
- Map Maker currently does not have this facility
- There have been higher instances of spam in SABs
- Always add listings at locations where the business physically exists.
- Don't add a P.O. Box as it’s not the physical address of the business/feature.
- Add only one listing for each business location.
- Don't include information in the address field that doesn’t reference the business’ physical location (e.g. URLs, keywords).