How to review edits
Step 1: Select your neighborhood(s) or map view:
- Click Show Changes in My Neighborhoods at the top of the left hand panel, then select any of your added neighborhoods.
- Hover over Show Changes in My Neighborhoods and then click on one of your neighborhoods to see edits only from that neighborhood.
- Click Show Changes in Current Map View at the top of the left hand panel.
Step 2: Review the edit
- Click the To Review tab on the left hand panel.
- Select Review to start reviewing the edit.
- The left hand panel displays a list of changes made to the feature:
- Yellow - Changes to edits
- Red - Deletions are shown in red
- Grey - Original edit
- See examples
- Analyze the edit and make a decision .
- Add a comment to provide feedback to the mapper.
- Click Submit.
Approved edits may take approximately 10 minutes or more to appear on Google Maps. Edits in certain regions or specific type of edits might require approval by a Google Reviewer.
- Provide links to help articles to help other mappers understand Map Maker in a better way.
- Don't allow personal information to be added to Map Maker. Make sure that mappers who add their homes don’t include their names and contact information.
Was this article helpful?