Add a line
Use these steps to add roads, rivers, railways, flyover/underpasses, ferry boat lines and trails/paths.
Step 1: Make your changes
- Click Add New on top left of the viewport.
- Select Add roads, rivers and railways from the drop-down menu.
- Choose the type of the feature you'd like to draw.
- Click and place the nodes in exact alignment with the satellite imagery.
- Click Done or press Enter to finish.
- Enter the details in the left hand panel and click Save.
Step 2: Tell us how it relates to the map
After you've finished drawing, you might be prompted to specify whether your road is new or an extension of an existing road:
- Select Create a new road if your feature is new.
- Select Extend the road if you’ve drawn an extension, a road will be created with the same name and details as of the original. Learn more about extending a line.
- Don’t overshoot/undershoot: The road addition should properly intersect with the connecting road as per the satellite imagery.
- When you add features that are not visible in satellite imagery, ensure to add a comment justifying its existence.
- If there is no satellite imagery you can use your own KML data to map an area. Learn more on using overlays.
- Add airstrips, runways, and two buildings connected by an elevated pedestrian walkway as places instead of lines.