Add unmapped or edit incorrect water bodies. Before adding a water body, first search to ensure it does not already exist on the map.
How to add missing water area
- Select Add new and click Add Natural features and Political boundaries from the drop-down menu.
- Choose the category "Water" from the drop-down menu.
- The mouse pointer changes to cross hairs, and you can begin drawing the water area.
- To finish drawing, press Enter or double-click on the map at the final node.
- [Optional] Enter the attributes in the left hand panel.
- Click Save to finish.
How to add landmass to an editable waterbody polygon
Follow the below workflow to add missing landmass to any editable waterbody:
- Select the waterbody you’d like to add a landmass to.
- Click Edit and select "Edit this place".
- Select cut out tool at the top left of the viewport and remove the landmass from the waterbody.
- Once done, click Save.
Note: You can follow the same steps to add an island.
Adding missing land area for un-editable water bodies
To add missing land area in an un-editable water body, it's best to Report a Problem.
- Any dry lakes should be added as place markers instead of shapes, as they would render incorrectly (as water shapes).
- The rendering of the landmass/ Island depends upon the size of the feature. Large Islands/landmass will require more time to appear on maps.