Edit a shape
You can edit Shape features on Map Maker if they have been mapped inaccurately or if the feature’s details have changed. This ensures that the feature is up-to-date, accurate, detailed and informative. Places may need to be edited periodically as different attributes of the place may change in the real world.
How to 'Edit' a shape
- Find the feature you wish to edit using Search option
- Select the feature, click Edit and choose Edit this Place from the drop down.
- To edit the shape, click the larger white nodes and drag them to their proper place.
- If needed, click and drag the smaller nodes to add more nodes to the shape.
- You can edit or add Names, Contact information, the Description, and other Attributes.
- Leave details about the edit in the Comments to the edit reviewer field to help with the review process.
- Click Save to finish.
You can now use the Cut out tool at the top of the map view to remove portions of a shape. For example, this can be used to illustrate the courtyard of a building.
Moving the Entire polygon while editing:
You can now move the entire region/polygon while editing a shape. Here’s how to do it:
Edit pending features
- You can edit Shapes while they are still pending review. With this functionality, you will be able to edit a pending feature based on reviewer feedback and get your feature approved.
- Pending changes to a feature can be seen under the History tab. A pending feature can be edited by any number of mappers simultaneously, but each edit will be submitted for review in the order they were submitted.
- Always edit the shape using the Satellite view with the highest possible zoom level.
- Ensure that the entire feature is covered in your polygon.
- Always edit an existing feature to change details, rather than to delete it and add a new feature.
You can save the edits you have made as drafts by clicking the option Save as draft & continue later. With this option, you can save your work and continue at a later time. These drafts are accessible from the My edits tab.