Edit a place
Edit details for a place
- Search for the feature that you'd like to edit.
- Click Edit and then select Edit this Place from the drop down.
- Enter the details in the left hand panel. To help your edit approved, enter a valid reason to support your edit in “Comments to the reviewer” field.
- Click Save to finish. You’re done!.
Move a marker
If you notice that a place marker is positioned incorrectly, you can easily correct its location on Map Maker by following the steps below:
- Search for the feature that you'd like to move.
- In the info window, click Edit and select Move Location from the drop down menu.
- Move the marker to the correct location on top of the building. The old location will appear as a gray marker and the new location as a red marker on the map.
- Click Continue to verify the details.
- Click Save and you’re done!
- If you are moving a marker for a feature located at incorrect city, state or country, delete the feature and create a new one at the correct location.
- You can edit places while they are still awaiting review. The new edit will be logged as a separate edit. Edits are automatically saved as a draft until you cancel or submit.