Add a place
Add businesses, establishments, and certain types of buildings and boundaries to the map. Before adding a place, first search to ensure it does not already exist on the map.
To add a place:
- Click Add New on top left of the viewport.
- Select Add a Place from the drop-down menu.
- Select the Satellite view and zoom in to the appropriate location. Drop the marker on top of the building, close to the region where your place exists.
- Select a category from the drop-down menu, or start typing in the box to search for a category. Enter the name of the feature in the Name field.
- Click Continue to add more details in the left panel. You can discard your edit by selecting Cancel.
- Add details in the left hand panel. Select Building/Boundary attribute and choose the options which describes your place the best:
- If this place is entirely inside a building, choose Select a building if the building is already mapped.
- If this place occupies grounds and buildings, select Draw area outline of the grounds.
- If you don't have any information, choose I don’t know.
- Enter the details and click Save to add your place.
- Do not add P.O. Box numbers, as they're not the physical address of the business or feature.
- If the building you want to associate with is not mapped, add the building outline separately and, once your edit is published, associate it with your feature.
- Buildings inside the boundary can be named only if they are called by specific name. Otherwise, leave these unnamed.
- Businesses / establishments should not be left unnamed.