Add a place
Add businesses, establishments, and certain types of buildings and boundaries to the map. Before adding a place, first search to make sure it doesn't already exist on the map.
Add a place
- Open Map Maker.
- Click Add New in top left.
- Select Add a Place from the drop-down menu.
- Select the Satellite view and zoom in to the appropriate location. Drop the marker on top of the building, close to the region where your place exists.
- Select a category from the drop-down menu, or start typing in the box to search for a category. Enter the name of the feature in the Name field.
- Click Continue to add more details in the left panel. You can discard your edit by selecting Cancel.
- Add details in the left hand panel. Select Building/Ground and associate the place with the appropriate building/ground.
- Enter the details and click Save to add your place.
- Once you add a place, Map Maker might prompt you with a list of possible duplicates. If the place you want to add is already present in this list, select the duplicate item and click Continue.
- Don't add P.O. Box numbers, as they're not the physical address of the business or feature.
- Buildings and grounds can be named only if they are called by specific name. Otherwise, leave these unnamed.
- Businesses / establishments shouldn’t be left unnamed.