Choose an appropriate category for your feature to ensure that the place is displayed with an appropriate icon and color code in the Map view.
To add a category, type in the name of the appropriate category and Map Maker will display relevant options for you to choose from.
If the category that you wish to select is missing, choose the most relevant category from the list. Add other categories to help generate high-quality search results.
- Add a place.
- In the details section on the left, select the Category section at the left hand panel.
- Click Add Category.
- Select Other categories that are relevant to the feature from the drop-down menu.
- To add multiple Other categories, click Add Category after each entry.
Enter the hours of operation. The Working hours field is available for all business listings. To specify the working hours, select the appropriate days in the drop-down menu and enter the hours of operation.
Add official information to expedite the review process.
Phone/ Fax/ Mobile: Add the primary contact number for a main desk or information line. If there's a phone number that's specific to the particular place, add the direct line instead. Follow the standard international access notation: “+(country code)(area code)(fax/phone/mobile number).”
Website: Add the homepage of the official website for your feature. If the website has a subpage that is specific to the feature, use that link instead. You can also add official government websites for features like famous parks and landmarks.
- Please refrain from entering short URLs, third-party websites, websites under construction, or websites with malicious content.
Use this attribute to associate businesses to buildings or grounds.
How to associate a business
A business can either be inside a building(s) or ground(s). To associate a business:
- Add a place
- In the details section on the left, select the Building/Ground attribute at the left hand panel
- Click Select a building or ground and choose appropriate building(s) or ground(s) from the map.
I can’t see the building:
The building(s) or ground(s) you’re associating the feature should be already mapped. If not, add them separately and once your edits are published, associate them with your business.
Best practices for associating a place:
- Outline the building's baseline rather than its shape. The baseline, or foundation of the building, may not necessarily match the shape of the building in satellite imagery.
- You can add multiple polygons inside another polygon. Capture the entire area occupied by the feature with a Boundary (Parent Polygon) and mark individual buildings separately with Building Outline (Child Polygon).
- If the building is within a ground, do not associate your business with both the features. Associate it with the feature which best represents your business.