Manufacturer Center allows you to provide more accurate information about your products for use in Shopping ads and listings, and across other Google services. After you've set up an account, you can submit data files, as well as enrich and curate your product data. Bear in mind that the use of data uploaded to Manufacturer Center can be restricted depending on the program it is used for.
There are several program requirements for using Manufacturer Center.
- Only manufacturers may set up a Manufacturer Center account. We define manufacturers as brand manufacturers, brand owners or retailers of own-brand products who both manufacture products and own the licensing rights.
- Manufacturer Center is not available to retailers who sell products exclusively from other manufacturers
- The account requestor has to be verified as an employee of the parent company
If you are a retailer not selling your own brands and would like to list items for sale in Shopping ads, you may do so using the Merchant Center. Note that separate policy requirements apply to use of the Merchant Center.
Additionally, data uploaded to the Manufacturer Center may not include certain content:
Capitalising on sensitive events, or threatened or extinct species
Products that may be deemed as capitalising on or lacking reasonable sensitivity towards a natural disaster, conflict, death or other tragic event
- Examples: Appearing to profit from a tragic event with no discernible benefit to the victims
Products that may be interpreted as trading in or derived from threatened or extinct species
- Examples: Sale of shark fins or shark cartilage supplements, elephant ivory, tiger skins, rhino horn, dolphin oil and elkhorn coral, or products containing these ingredients
Child sexual abuse imagery
Content promoting the sexual exploitation of minors
Products that mimic the brand features of another product in an attempt to pass themselves off as the genuine product of the brand owner
Products described as knock-off, replica, imitation, clone, faux, fake, mirror image or similar terms when referring to a brand name in an attempt to pass themselves off as genuine products of the brand owner
- Examples: non-authentic products that have brand name labels or logos
We value diversity and respect for others, and we strive to avoid offending users, so we don't allow ads or destinations that display shocking content or promote hatred, intolerance, discrimination or violence.
Content that incites hatred against, promotes discrimination of, or disparages an individual or group on the basis of their race or ethnic origin, religion, disability, age, nationality, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or other characteristic that is associated with systemic discrimination or marginalisation.
- Examples: Content promoting hate groups or hate group paraphernalia; content that encourages others to believe that a person or group is inhuman, inferior or worthy of being hated.
Content that harasses, intimidates or bullies an individual or group of individuals
- Examples: Content that singles out someone for abuse or harassment
Content that threatens or advocates for harm to oneself or others
- Examples: Content advocating suicide, anorexia or other self-harm; threatening someone with real-life harm or calling for the attack of another person; promoting, glorifying or condoning violence against others
Content that seeks to exploit or humiliate others
- Examples: Extortion, blackmail
Local legal requirements
Content uploaded to the Manufacturer Center has to adhere to local legal requirements
Misleading or unrealistic promotions
Falsely implying affiliation with, or endorsement by, another individual, organisation, product or service
Making false statements about the promoted products
Using false claims or claims that entice the user with an improbable result (even if this result is possible) as the likely outcome that a user can expect
- Examples: 'Miracle cures' for medical ailments, extreme weight loss products, body altering capacities of weight or muscle gain products, permanent or excessive claims around fertility, misleading implementation of government or other agency names' endorsement or mention of products.
Sexually explicit content
Text, image, audio or video of graphic sexual acts intended to arouse
- Examples: Hardcore pornography; sex acts such as genital, anal and oral sex; masturbation; cartoon porn or hentai
Content promoting underage, non-consensual or other illegal sexual themes, whether simulated or real
- Examples: Rape, incest, bestiality, necrophilia, lolita or teen-themed pornography
Promotions containing violent language, gruesome imagery or graphic images or accounts of physical trauma
- Examples: Crime scene or accident photos, execution photos
Promotions containing gratuitous portrayals of or sale of bodily fluids, human waste or human tissue
- Examples: Blood, guts, gore, sexual fluids, human eggs or sperm