Use email clients with IMAP or POP
IMAP and POP let you download messages from Gmail so you can access your mail with a program like Microsoft Outlook, Apple Mail, or Thunderbird. IMAP and POP access are free for all Gmail users. If you're trying to decide between using IMAP and POP, we encourage you to use IMAP.
- Get started with IMAP and POP3
- Recommended IMAP client settings
- How actions sync in IMAP
- Automatic responses in IMAP and POP clients
- Deleting IMAP messages
- How do I configure IMAP for a Google Apps email address?
- How is spam handled for IMAP?
- Gmail folders in your mail client
- What are these new labels in my web Gmail?
- Will using IMAP download all my mail?