/mail/community?hl=en
This content is likely not relevant anymore. Try searching or browse recent questions.
I keep getting black box pop up in gmail. Large ! With word error under it. What’s the fix?
I want to get rid of this pop up. 
Square black box.  White ! with word error under the large!
Latest Update Latest Updates (0)
Relevant Answer Relevant Answers (0)
All Replies (11)
Relevant Answer
Im getting it too! Very annoying as no idea how to fix r what it means.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Yea, and I see everyone from Google Community is running to let us know what it is and how to fix it.   No support for anything anymore.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Let's start with a screen-shot so we can see what you are referring to.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
This is the error. How do I fix it? Always pops up when scrolling
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Thanks for the pic.  A bit more context would have been nice, but I'll assume that shows up in the middle of the window on top of whatever is being displayed.

Does it only appear when viewing a message (not when looking at the Inbox or another label)?

You say it appears when you start to scroll.  What (if anything) makes it go away?

What browser are you using?   What other browsers have you tried?

Does it happen in an incognito window (Chrome) or private browsing (Firefox)?
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
It happens on the gmail app on my iPhone 8. I noticed that two messages were not sending while I had a perfect internet connection and then this error box comes up and it’s like the app is not connected to the internet to be able to send or receive messages.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Removing and re-adding the gmail account fixed this problem for me.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
So support just ABANDONED this thread? I’m not deleting and reinstalling my email account. I’ll give even more detail:

I was typing an email and in the middle I typed the following parenthetical: “Tessa (Tessie? I’ve not met her!)” and IMMEDIATELY received the black Error pop up. As though it was a grammatical suggestion. Every word I typed after that produced the black box but clicking on it did nothing. 

I “sent” the email but the circle representing me as sender kept spinning blue around the outside. Black box repeatedly popping up but when I tried tapping on it I merely opened whatever previous email was under my finger when I tapped the box. Useless. 

So I copied the body of the email and removed the offending syntax and hit send. SHOCKINGLY - same error pops up and now TWO emails are spinning as unsent. I hard closed the app and reopened. The spinning has stopped but I cannot trust that these were ever sent because I closed the app WHILE THEY WERE TRYING, not after they were successful. So now, with this important and time sensitive email I have to risk looking like a moron who sends things THREE TIMES or worse, call someone to ask did you get my email all because Google refuses to admit either they randomly stop sending email in the iOS app or they have non-interactive pop ups that arrive for no good reason? Fantastic.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I get it every time I go into gmail
Constant!! What’s the fix??
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
My wife had luck with copying the content, turning off her iPad and turning it back on again.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Google thinks subscribers can provide tech support.  Sometimes they can, but Google needs to post fixes to problems like this.  I called Apple (the error box appears on my iPad and nowhere else).  They knew nothing about this.  I tried uninstalling and reinstalling my gmail app.  That did not work.  Of course I made a Google search and just found other people with the same problem with no one knowing a fix.  Is there a way to signal this gigantic corporation that they need to provide some resource that deals with the inevitable bugs in their systems.  I usually use social media to do this, but with Google I am stumped.
marked this as an answer
This question is locked and replying has been disabled.
Discard post? You will lose what you have written so far.
Write a reply
10 characters required
Failed to attach file, click here to try again.
Discard post?
You will lose what you have written so far.
Personal information found

We found the following personal information in your message:

This information will be visible to anyone who visits or subscribes to notifications for this post. Are you sure you want to continue?

A problem occurred. Please try again.
Create Reply
Edit Reply
This will remove the reply from the Answers section.
Notifications are off
Your notifications are currently off and you won't receive subscription updates. To turn them on, go to Notifications preferences on your Profile page.
Report abuse
Google takes abuse of its services very seriously. We're committed to dealing with such abuse according to the laws in your country of residence. When you submit a report, we'll investigate it and take the appropriate action. We'll get back to you only if we require additional details or have more information to share.

Go to the Legal Help page to request content changes for legal reasons.

Reported post for abuse
Unable to send report.
What type of post are you reporting?
Google takes abuse of its services very seriously. We're committed to dealing with such abuse according to the laws in your country of residence. When you submit a report, we'll investigate it and take the appropriate action. We'll get back to you only if we require additional details or have more information to share.

Go to the Legal Help page to request content changes for legal reasons.

Reported post for abuse
Unable to send report.
This reply is no longer available.
/mail/threads
//accounts.google.com/ServiceLogin
You'll receive email notifications for new posts at
Unable to delete question.
Unable to update vote.
Unable to update subscription.
You have been unsubscribed
Deleted
Unable to delete reply.
Removed from Answers
Removed from Updates
Marked as Recommended Answer
Marked as Update
Removed recommendation
Undo
Unable to update reply.
Unable to update vote.
Thank you. Your response was recorded.
Unable to undo vote.
Thank you. This reply will now display in the answers section.
Link copied
Unlocked
Unable to lock
Unable to unlock
Pinned
Unpinned
Unable to pin
Unable to unpin
Marked
Unmarked
Unable to mark
Reported as off topic