/mail/community?hl=en
This content is likely not relevant anymore. Try searching or browse recent questions.
How can I remove an old Gmail account from my Gmail login screen. 4 Recommended Answers 70 Replies 751 Upvotes
1 Update
$0 Updates
1 Recommended Answer
$0 Recommended Answers
1 Relevant Answer
$0 Relevant Answers
When I am logging into my Gmail account the default account is my old work account. I do not have access to that old work account. I cannot delete it as I cannot log into the account. I have talked to the employer and they feel that they have disassociated the account from me. I do not wish to delete the account... just simply remove the account from my drop down. I have contact Google Support and they were not able to help me.

I have gone into my registry and removed any reference to that account but it didn't help.

Any ideas? Thanks
Relevant Answer Relevant Answers (0)
All Replies (70)
Relevant Answer
The option Remove an account is not available. I remember it used to be there long long back. But, its not available now. I too am looking for this solution for quiet some time.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Thank you for your help Grzenek! It's now gone.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I too am looking to remove an old GMail account from Firefox.  The Google login screen shows an old account I no longer need/want/use.  I can't remove it! 

GOOGLE - We used to be friends, but you're getting really creepy these days! 
** Upvote for Google going too far.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Where is the list of accounts in chrome? If I go to the gmail login, only one shows up. Thanks.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
the remove account button is no longer there! what do I do?
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
This same thing is happening to me.  I don't want to accidentally click on the old account.  I was able to remove it from my phone, but I can't on my desktop.  Any ideas?  The remove account button is not there.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Did anyone solve this? My old work account is still there, but I want it gone. I'm already signed out of it and they've blocked the account as they do when someone leaves, but I cannot see where in the world to delete it.

There is no helpline...nothing. You have to hope and pray, it seems, someone on here will guide you. It doesn't look like anyone can help.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Try this,

On the unwanted account click on it then will appear the option to REMOVE. Click the Remove and the account will be removed.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Clicking on Remove Account on the Google login page WILL DO NOTHING, at least not on Firefox.
What worked for me was this (sorry if the names don't correspond exactly to what you have, as I'm translating from Portuguese, which is the language enabled on my browser):
> Access Firefox Options
> Choose Privacy & Safety
> Find Logins & Passwords
> Click on Saved Login Accounts
> Now you'll get this table where you can click on Users' Names and choose those you need to delete. Just bear in mind that your browser will be saving an account named gibberish@gmail.com as one account and gibberish as another, so, in order to get rid of any trace of it, you must find the user name with and without the @gmail.com and remove both.
So now, YES, you've gotten rid of this nuisance!
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Thanks you User 14906881335776170944 - didn't know about that. Really useful.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I have the same issue, an ex employer has signed me our of my google account with a gmail address but they have also changed the password so I am unable to use the featuree "Remove an account' next to the drop down without being asked for the password associated with that company gmail account Any suggestions would be much appreciated as i am unale to sign in Google Play, use whats app etc Many thanks in advance
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Thanks for everything
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I have the same problem, I can't find option to remove account from accounts list
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Is there any update on this? Because the account I no longer have access to is the default account for when I sign-in to Google. Any advice helps!
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Brianna,

Nothing has changed. When you click Remove an Account, there's then a marker next to each account listed, and you can click to remove that one. If your page looks different to this, please post a screenshot here. 
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
"Remove an account" does not exist!
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Jennifer,

If your page looks different to this, please post a screenshot here.

marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer

I can only manage accounts if I am logged in already and I can't login because I no longer have access to that account.  When I click on an account for which I still have access, it opens that account.  Screenshot attached showing that I don't have a "remove" option. 

On my Android phone I was able to remove my old work account because Android Gmail had the "remove account" option.  

I don't want to mess with clicking on my old work account because I don't want Chrome to try to automatically login and have my former employer see that I am trying to login.  There has to be a way to fix this without losing all of my browser settings.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Jenny,

Do you have a Sign Out button at the bottom of the list in that screenshot? Clicking there should sign out all accounts. Now when you go back to the Sign In page, you should see the accounts listed, followed by Use another account, and Remove an account. After clicking Remove an account, you'll see a marker to the right of each account. Click there to remove it, then confirm "Yes, Remove". See my two screenshots below:

marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I do not have that option. See screenshot. 
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I have the same situation as Brianna, no "Remove an account" button.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I have the same issue, I do not have a "remove account" option and every time I try to login to anything just one of the accounts comes up and its an old unavailable account. this is such a pain!! I love google but lately its been nothing but issues with the account features.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Maria,

As in my first screenshot, do you have the "Use another account" option? Click there and sign in to the one you want. 
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Signing out of all accounts worked!  Thank you!
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Jenny, 

You're not looking in the right place. AFTER you click that Sign Out button,  you should then be on a Sign In page like the two screenshots I posted above. Let me know what you see there. 
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I know how to switch accounts, I just want to delete the ones that are not active or saved from someone else so I only have my current accounts on the list, as one of the old accounts keeps being the only one option when logging into things and I gave to go trough so many extra steps to switch to the account I want!

What "sign out" button are you talking about? this is all that shows up on the screen, there is no sign out button anywhere
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Maria,

We're discussing the Sign In page and the Remove Account option. The Sign Out button is at top right when you click your avatar. 
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Maria,

The Sign Out button is at top right when you click your avatar. Not sure why you don't have the Remove Account option on your Sign In page, but I can check that out with my colleagues and get back to you. 
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
For anyone still having trouble, there was some key info missing from the original answer. Here's how I solved the issue.

1. Sign out of Chrome by clicking on your avatar, then 'sign out'
  2. Click the option to 'sign in again'
  3. Hit the account username at the top with the dropdown arrow
  4. You'll be taken to a page with all your accounts listed, and a 'remove account' button at the bottom – hit this and you'll see a red minus show up next to your accounts
  5. Click the account you want to remove, and confirm removal 
  6. Done!
Now you can sign back in using your original account. Hope that helps. 

Cheers!

Chris.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
The remove account option is no longer available for me either. It used to be there but I cant see it anymore. The only option available is use another account. to make things worse, whenever I google my gmail to attempt to login in, it trys to sign me into my old work email.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Spencer,

Please answer the following:

1. The browser version with which you encountered this issue.
2. Does clearing the cache & cookies of the browser help?
3. Do you also face the same issue with multiple browsers?
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Hey,

Thanks for getting back to me. So to answer your questions:
1. The browser version I'm using is  Google chrome Version 78.0.3904.70 (Official Build) (64-bit)
2. I've tried clearing the cookies and cache but the option to remove and account still isn't displayed
3.I mainly use chrome but I have safari that I can try it on.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Thanks. Been discussing this with my colleagues. Let me know the results of your Safari test before I go back to them on it. 
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I signed out of Chrome, signed back in and everything. Literally nothing works. If I delete Chrome off my computer completely, when I redownload will that work? That seems to be the only option because "remove account" does not show up for me anywhere.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I signed out while on gmail tab in chrome and gmail timed out and redirected me to the page mentioned in the 'Recommended Answer', chose 'remove account' and was able to select the account I wanted to delete. Done and done
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I selected the account I wanted to remove as if I was going to sign in, and it gave me 2 options / Sign in or remove account / presto
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
to remove the gmail account you want, you have to sign out first all the the account signed-in on your chrome. once accounts are signed out you can then remove the account that you want to remove. click on your gmail account icon then click sign out all accounts. click on the drop down arrow beside the gmail email address then click REMOVE. then the gmail account will be removed.

the only thing is even your main gmail account will be logged out so make sure that you remember your password because you have to sign it in again or you can just reset the password if you forgot it already.
marked this as an answer
This question is locked and replying has been disabled.
Discard post? You will lose what you have written so far.
Write a reply
10 characters required
Failed to attach file, click here to try again.
Discard post?
You will lose what you have written so far.
Personal information found

We found the following personal information in your message:

This information will be visible to anyone who visits or subscribes to notifications for this post. Are you sure you want to continue?

A problem occurred. Please try again.
Create Reply
Edit Reply
Delete post?
This will remove the reply from the Answers section.
Notifications are off
Your notifications are currently off and you won't receive subscription updates. To turn them on, go to Notifications preferences on your Profile page.
Report abuse
Google takes abuse of its services very seriously. We're committed to dealing with such abuse according to the laws in your country of residence. When you submit a report, we'll investigate it and take the appropriate action. We'll get back to you only if we require additional details or have more information to share.

Go to the Legal Help page to request content changes for legal reasons.

Reported post for abuse
Unable to send report.
What type of post are you reporting?
Google takes abuse of its services very seriously. We're committed to dealing with such abuse according to the laws in your country of residence. When you submit a report, we'll investigate it and take the appropriate action. We'll get back to you only if we require additional details or have more information to share.

Go to the Legal Help page to request content changes for legal reasons.

Reported post for abuse
Unable to send report.
This reply is no longer available.
/mail/threads
//accounts.google.com/ServiceLogin
You'll receive email notifications for new posts at
Unable to delete question.
Unable to update vote.
Unable to update subscription.
You have been unsubscribed
Deleted
Unable to delete reply.
Removed from Answers
Removed from Updates
Marked as Recommended Answer
Marked as Update
Removed recommendation
Undo
Unable to update reply.
Unable to update vote.
Thank you. Your response was recorded.
Unable to undo vote.
Thank you. This reply will now display in the answers section.
Link copied
Unlocked
Unable to lock
Unable to unlock
Pinned
Unpinned
Unable to pin
Unable to unpin
Marked
Unmarked
Unable to mark
Reported as off topic