/mail/community?hl=en
This content is likely not relevant anymore. Try searching or browse recent questions.
Recovering Google account without phone number
Yesterday while trying to log into my Google account I received an alert when typing in my e-mail saying 'A suspicious app might have accessed your account'. I've no idea what this suspicious app might be, I figure it's because of the VPN I sometimes use. After putting in my password it asked me to confirm my phone number. I don't recognize the last 2 digits, it's been years back since I created the account so I'm not sure if I used someone else's phone number (tried searching in my contacts, no luck) or whatever but I have no access to this phone number. I then got the option to confirm the mail I'm using, this I still have access to but after confirming it with the security code I received it gave me the following message.

I'm logging in from my original IP, the IP i've always had when using this account so it's very frustrating that I can't get access. When trying to log in it's just an endless loop of Google asking my phone number to which I choose 'I don't have my phone' -> asking me to verify my mail -> my mail not sufficing. The google account is linked to my Youtube channel (6000 subscribers) so I'm really unsure on what to do right now as I don't want to lose my account. Is there any other way of recovering my account, as I clearly don't have my phone and the other options Google's system is offering me are simply not helping at all.

Thanks!
Latest Update Latest Updates (0)
Relevant Answer Relevant Answers (0)
All Replies (2)
Relevant Answer
Welcome to the community help forum. As you got the error message "Google couldn't verify this account belongs to you". You can try to use the "Forgot Your Password" option and try it once only.

Without accessible of the account recovery devices or recovery email address it's very hard to get back access on your account. Hence you can use the "Try Another Way" in the recovery process of Gmail account. Google doesn’t provide any other way or escalation to recover your account if you unable to provide ownership security answer while you failed through this recovery process.

Before I suggest you I need to ask you some questions to know –
*  Did you try to access using your old/known network/computer/phone or devices where from you successfully logged in before?
*   If no, then you may have to face the account verification process that you are the owner of that account.
My suggestion before you try to access the verification process –
*  Please read this article of complete recovery steps to recover your account first.
*  Try to access a known network / pc / phone or device to recover your account fast and a trusted way of account recovery process provided by Google.

If you need more tips to recover your account then you can also visit the link.
Okay, if you are ready to start the process to get back your account, of course you have to follow the Google provided instructions step by step caring your account needful and providing the exact information what was provided before when you created/issued the security/personal info regards your account id by following this only way of Gmail Account Recovery process provided by the Google.
If you fail to get back the access on your account please wait for a full week and try again after one week later otherwise your account may be lost and can’t be recovered.
If this process is not fruitful to recover your account then I am afraid you are failed to provide the relevant information's that you are the owner of this account and you have lost it.
If you are success after this process and logged in your account then please secure your account id first by following this process.

Best of Luck.
Thanks
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I've tried accessing this account using both the computer I've been using for years (and have been logged into the account for years, until a few months ago) and the YouTube app on my phone on which I've also been logged into the account for a long time before this problem started. I'm using the same Wi-Fi network as I've always been using so I'm unsure why it doesn't just let me in.

I've waited more than a full week before attempting again and it's still the same issue. It's very frustrating as I can literally confirm my e-mail and my network etc should still be the same connection as before so I have no idea why Google won't just let me access the account.

The account is linked to my YouTube channel with over 5000 subscribers, an account I've been putting work in for 5 years so I'm desperate to get it back. 

Is there any other way to contact Google or anyone who could help me recover my account? As the automated recovery process is clearly not in my favour, for some bizarre reason.

Thanks.
marked this as an answer
This question is locked and replying has been disabled.
Discard post? You will lose what you have written so far.
Write a reply
10 characters required
Failed to attach file, click here to try again.
Discard post?
You will lose what you have written so far.
Personal information found

We found the following personal information in your message:

This information will be visible to anyone who visits or subscribes to notifications for this post. Are you sure you want to continue?

A problem occurred. Please try again.
Create Reply
Edit Reply
This will remove the reply from the Answers section.
Notifications are off
Your notifications are currently off and you won't receive subscription updates. To turn them on, go to Notifications preferences on your Profile page.
Report abuse
Google takes abuse of its services very seriously. We're committed to dealing with such abuse according to the laws in your country of residence. When you submit a report, we'll investigate it and take the appropriate action. We'll get back to you only if we require additional details or have more information to share.

Go to the Legal Help page to request content changes for legal reasons.

Reported post for abuse
Unable to send report.
What type of post are you reporting?
Google takes abuse of its services very seriously. We're committed to dealing with such abuse according to the laws in your country of residence. When you submit a report, we'll investigate it and take the appropriate action. We'll get back to you only if we require additional details or have more information to share.

Go to the Legal Help page to request content changes for legal reasons.

Reported post for abuse
Unable to send report.
This reply is no longer available.
/mail/threads
//accounts.google.com/ServiceLogin
You'll receive email notifications for new posts at
Unable to delete question.
Unable to update vote.
Unable to update subscription.
You have been unsubscribed
Deleted
Unable to delete reply.
Removed from Answers
Removed from Updates
Marked as Recommended Answer
Marked as Update
Removed recommendation
Undo
Unable to update reply.
Unable to update vote.
Thank you. Your response was recorded.
Unable to undo vote.
Thank you. This reply will now display in the answers section.
Link copied
Unlocked
Unable to lock
Unable to unlock
Pinned
Unpinned
Unable to pin
Unable to unpin
Marked
Unmarked
Unable to mark
Reported as off topic