/mail/community?hl=en
This content is likely not relevant anymore. Try searching or browse recent questions.
Spam email, cannot successfully block
I am receiving these strange emails with greek letters and numbers and I can see it has a calender or word document attached. It looks super dodgy. I cannot report phishing unless I open the email which I do not want to do as I do not feel safe opening the mail. I blocked the email directly from inbox without opening. Two days later another greek lettered email came through, I blocked it again. I recently changed all my account password and also have 2 step log in with my phone, but please let me know how to address this issue!
Latest Update Latest Updates (0)
Relevant Answer Relevant Answers (0)
All Replies (31)
Relevant Answer
if you trust the sender you can unsubscribe if they have the unsubscribe  link   if you dont trust them , dont click unsubscribe  - that validates your address and you get MORE SPAM - its a FAKE  unsubscribe link !!!   heres an example https://www.reddit.com/r/GMail/comments/i4yl8d/accidently_clicked_unsubscribe_to_spam_email/

you cant block emails from entering your gmail account    -  there is only this  https://support.google.com/mail/answer/8151?hl=en   or a filter to delete them https://support.google.com/mail/answer/6579?hl=en&vid=0-501617709104-1489141452010   a filter is better cause block sends to spam AND is UNREAD making you check spam and waste your time   

marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Thank you for this info, I’ll keep that in mind. I did do that - I reported as spam, also opened a filter for the three spam emails I had in my spam folder, all were gmail accounts but super dodgy looking with the Greek lettering and numbers and the attached google calendar. The filter i set to β€œmark as spam and delete”. 

5 minutes later yet another different email, again with the Greek letters and a google calendar attached showed up in my inbox. 

I did the same thing again, added filter, marked as spam and deleted. I really feel like gmail needs to look into this as it looks seriously phishing/hacking-like.

Please see the attached image - a screenshot of what those emails look like, unopened. 

marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
    this forum is user to user  - i dont work for Google - and  is not the correct place to make suggestions so to send feedback to Google DIRECTLY  click  the ? icon on the left of the gear icon in gmail which is at the top right  >> https://support.google.com/mail/answer/9212652

note they will not reply to you 
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Google should update the filters

read above 
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
@icantchooseone 

As far as I know we cannot create a filter that filters based on the attachment names. If I'm wrong please correct me on that.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer

tick has:attachment   

Has the words filename:bitcoin

marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Thanks, this was not listed on the FAQ page for filters.
Nevertheless, still a filter to circumvent the current state of the Gmail spam/phishing detection.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer

click >> Using advanced search  

marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Any advice for how to add multiple addresses or 'From's to a filter? I've tried 'OR' between each but my spam box is still getting smothered.

When I try use the Advanced Search with my filters I get this error:
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
dont choose mail and spam and trash

dont choose anything in that section 
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
But my normal filters that don't have that selected are still letting all the mails through πŸ™

I have no idea to do this now without having hundreds of filters (literally), because using 'OR' between the terms/addresses/names isn't working.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
its not the OR thats breaking the filter its something else you used

post pics of broken filter settings 
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I''l try put them in order: 
Pic 1. These are all the 'from' addresses I have in this particular filter (trying to clean up, clutter stresses me)
Pic 2: I haven't added anything other than the 'OR' between the addresses.
Pic 3: The action I've picked.

I've tried to separate addresses and names into separate filters and that still hasn't made a difference πŸ€”

marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
you have a lot of just words in there you need to type "these words" and not just these words

also payment N with that tiny o wont work

thats a special character 
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Ooooh... So the " " for words that don't have the @?  

You're a wealth of info - THANK YOU SO MUCH for your time and help!
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
yes UNLESS if its a SINGLE word

example

from moo OR matt OR "moo matt" 
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Okay, that makes sense. Does this apply for the other filter options too? Like the 'matches:' or 'subject:' ? I read somewhere that there needs to be a + before the word/phrase if you want it to filter that exact phrase, but that hasn't worked for some of the emails either.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
yes exact phrase needs   "  " anywhere in the filter

click  

marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Good to know. Thank you very much for your help! πŸ™‚
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
welcome :)
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Thank you so much for your response, I will give the bitcoin & coin filter a go. Its the same for me, as I have introduced the filter, even more of these dodgy emails are coming through :( super frustrating. Have also now reported to Google directly.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I actually struggled to find how to report this spam/phishing directly, and how I ended up on the gmail help community here. I will try to report to google again as well! Thank you
Edit: have now been able to report to google directly, too.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
welcome  :)
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
How to block spam am getting lot of emails.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Tried that however to no avail.  Let me upload that there is additionally speculated to be a hyperlink for me to apply inside the message on new blog..
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
marked this as an answer
This question is locked and replying has been disabled.
Discard post? You will lose what you have written so far.
Write a reply
10 characters required
Failed to attach file, click here to try again.
Discard post?
You will lose what you have written so far.
Personal information found

We found the following personal information in your message:

This information will be visible to anyone who visits or subscribes to notifications for this post. Are you sure you want to continue?

A problem occurred. Please try again.
Create Reply
Edit Reply
This will remove the reply from the Answers section.
Notifications are off
Your notifications are currently off and you won't receive subscription updates. To turn them on, go to Notifications preferences on your Profile page.
Report abuse
Google takes abuse of its services very seriously. We're committed to dealing with such abuse according to the laws in your country of residence. When you submit a report, we'll investigate it and take the appropriate action. We'll get back to you only if we require additional details or have more information to share.

Go to the Legal Help page to request content changes for legal reasons.

Reported post for abuse
Unable to send report.
What type of post are you reporting?
Google takes abuse of its services very seriously. We're committed to dealing with such abuse according to the laws in your country of residence. When you submit a report, we'll investigate it and take the appropriate action. We'll get back to you only if we require additional details or have more information to share.

Go to the Legal Help page to request content changes for legal reasons.

Reported post for abuse
Unable to send report.
This reply is no longer available.
/mail/threads
//accounts.google.com/ServiceLogin
You'll receive email notifications for new posts at
Unable to delete question.
Unable to update vote.
Unable to update subscription.
You have been unsubscribed
Deleted
Unable to delete reply.
Removed from Answers
Removed from Updates
Marked as Recommended Answer
Marked as Update
Removed recommendation
Undo
Unable to update reply.
Unable to update vote.
Thank you. Your response was recorded.
Unable to undo vote.
Thank you. This reply will now display in the answers section.
Link copied
Unlocked
Unable to lock
Unable to unlock
Pinned
Unpinned
Unable to pin
Unable to unpin
Marked
Unmarked
Unable to mark
Reported as off topic