Google Chat "rooms" are being renamed "spaces." It may take time for the name change to appear everywhere. Learn more.

/mail/community?hl=en
This content is likely not relevant anymore. Try searching or browse recent questions.
audio files wont play and ask me to download each time?
I have read the other posts in the community but we listen to a large volume of voice messages on our email. Before we used to be able to play it direct but now it is coming up with the following message as attached. I have cleared the browsing data as recommended in another post, tried turning on and off extensions and through another browser but I still cant listen to the file direct without having to download it. Any suggestions? Many Thanks 
Latest Update Latest Updates (0)
Relevant Answer Relevant Answers (0)
All Replies (203)
Relevant Answer
theres no fix 

.mp4 also broken 
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
i have this problem too, please someone help me im a music producer and sending audio files is the most important thing
please
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer

download then play ......
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
i cant download every single thing that gets sent to me
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer

only audio files ...........
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I'm also a music producer, and being able to scroll down through my gmail inbox and play those many attached music files, with a single click, without even opening the emails, has been an important part of my life for years.  And now suddenly it just doesn't work?!  Is it gone forever?!
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
ill escalate the bug
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Same issue. Clicking and listening to audio files in gmail WITHOUT downloading them is super important for my work. I'm not going to download every mp3 that it's in my inbox. Ain't happening. I refuse. 

WHAT HAPPENED TO THIS FEATURE? PLEASE FIX, GOOGLE.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Daniel Owens 2266

read the other comments
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
This didn't help. And why is my previous issue no longer allowed to receive comments from other users? I didn't disable comments.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
For the record, I just created another issue post similar to this that is now marked as a "duplicate." So, comments are now disabled. I need a solution on how to fix this issue asap. Like, now. None of the methods suggested to resolve this problem have worked. I simply can't click and listen to mp3's right now without downloading them. That's unacceptable.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer

read above - its A BUG THERES NO FIX
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
"There's no fix" is bullshit. It can be fixed if it's just a bug. Who are you?
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer

ive  escalated the bug

marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Oh I read it. And It's Daniel, not Dan. 

"I am unaware of a solution to this problem right now, as it appears to be a new bug, but I will see what I can do to get this resolved asap." <-- pro tip 

Your efforts to fix this are much appreciated.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
its actually an old bug 

re Your efforts to fix this are much appreciated.

i dont work for google , i can only escalate to them and hope they fix 

marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Why am I receiving this? My concern is about mp4. I did not know mp3 to have the same problem. But we're told to report it to google ...what a joke. They need reading and hearing aids.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Why am I receiving this?

unsubscribe .........
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Hey, have not heard of you for a while... But I thought I subscribed for the mp4 question I tried to ask but was labeled as a duplicate although I disagreed about it. Since my question was about this problem happening despite Gmail mode extension that had solved it, at least for me. But I do apologize for not realising mp3 are under the same obscure cloud. I also know this is not google and many of you give a lot of your time to help the like of us fuming under our frustration 
I still have not read anything associated with Gmail mode concerning this problem and I don't understand why because I am convinced that many people appreciated this extension.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer

ask the developer of that extension for advice 
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Hi Dan iel welcome to the duplicate club! Have you heard of Gmail mode extension? I don't know if it would have worked with mp3 since I never received any but it did a very good job with mp4. And I really like to get it working again.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer

ask the developer of that extension to fix it - we cant fix it 
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
icant.... directed me to this.
let's hope he manages to get it done soon
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Google hasn't fixed this yet? Wow. If music/audio producers are going to be forced to download every mp3 file that is emailed to us, then that means we just won't use gmail to share files and opt for something else.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Well it seems the developers are on about fixing it but I have difficulty to believe that I'm the only one who used Gmail Mode to counter this strange decision to stop us to open these files without downloading them. I'm using it for fun but i would have thought those who need this facility for work would have jumped for it....
I did not expect the forum to fix it but wanted to know if there was any help available about it....Ok I got it It's a bug!
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
can confirm this is happening for me too with mp3 files
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Daniel Owens 2266 said Google hasn't fixed this yet? 

no i only escalated it 2 days ago and it was the weekend 

marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I'm not having this issue with my gmail account, but my assistant is having it with hers.  She can't play voicemail mp3's from our phone provider, and is too computer illiterate to download them and play them.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer

i was told the issue is fixed so maybe its rolling out slowly 
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Have the same problem! Gmail Mod worked until some days ago but now it stopped to play videos on Gmail with Opera explorer. What other extension plays videos in Gmail with Opera?
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
My office is still having this issue, this has been happening since Friday.. We can download it to listen but we cant keep doing that as we get such a large number of voicemails in a day. Any idea if it is actually fixed or not?
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Any idea if it is actually fixed or not?

i was told the issue is fixed so maybe its rolling out slowly 

marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Didn't work for me, just stuck at "Loading". Nothing happens when pressing the play button. 

Chrome version: 92.0.4515.131

I see there's an active issue on github: https://github.com/TriStarGod/GPlayer/issues/1

That older .wav files aren't supported in chrome, and therefore neither in the gplayer extension.

EDIT:

It opens a new tab, but the audio player controls are grayed out, can't play the file.
marked this as an answer
This question is locked and replying has been disabled.
Discard post? You will lose what you have written so far.
Write a reply
10 characters required
Failed to attach file, click here to try again.
Discard post?
You will lose what you have written so far.
Personal information found

We found the following personal information in your message:

This information will be visible to anyone who visits or subscribes to notifications for this post. Are you sure you want to continue?

A problem occurred. Please try again.
Create Reply
Edit Reply
This will remove the reply from the Answers section.
Notifications are off
Your notifications are currently off and you won't receive subscription updates. To turn them on, go to Notifications preferences on your Profile page.
Report abuse
Google takes abuse of its services very seriously. We're committed to dealing with such abuse according to the laws in your country of residence. When you submit a report, we'll investigate it and take the appropriate action. We'll get back to you only if we require additional details or have more information to share.

Go to the Legal Help page to request content changes for legal reasons.

Reported post for abuse
Unable to send report.
What type of post are you reporting?
Google takes abuse of its services very seriously. We're committed to dealing with such abuse according to the laws in your country of residence. When you submit a report, we'll investigate it and take the appropriate action. We'll get back to you only if we require additional details or have more information to share.

Go to the Legal Help page to request content changes for legal reasons.

Reported post for abuse
Unable to send report.
This reply is no longer available.
/mail/threads
//accounts.google.com/ServiceLogin
You'll receive email notifications for new posts at
Unable to delete question.
Unable to update vote.
Unable to update subscription.
You have been unsubscribed
Deleted
Unable to delete reply.
Removed from Answers
Removed from Updates
Marked as Recommended Answer
Marked as Update
Removed recommendation
Undo
Unable to update reply.
Unable to update vote.
Thank you. Your response was recorded.
Unable to undo vote.
Thank you. This reply will now display in the answers section.
Link copied
Unlocked
Unable to lock
Unable to unlock
Pinned
Unpinned
Unable to pin
Unable to unpin
Marked
Unmarked
Unable to mark
Reported as off topic