/mail/community?hl=en
This content is likely not relevant anymore. Try searching or browse recent questions.
Anyone else having a problem accessing the emails tagged as promotions in Gmail app iOS version? 18 Recommended Answers 100 Replies 323 Upvotes
1 Update
$0 Updates
1 Recommended Answer
$0 Recommended Answers
1 Relevant Answer
$0 Relevant Answers
When I try to access the promotions section either by clicking on the emails tagged or by going through the menu tree I get this message that there is no connection but when I click back I can see emails.  Using the Apple mail client I can access the emails so it appears to be a gmail app issue.
Relevant Answer Relevant Answers (0)
All Replies (100)
Relevant Answer
Can you please answer the following questions and post an update?
  • Power down the device for a few minutes and then power it back up.
  • Turn sync off for the account and turn it back again after some time?
    • Tap in the circular icon at the top-right side. 
    • From the options in the pop-up screen, tap the "Manage accounts on this device" option. 
    • You'll see a list of accounts added to the Gmail iOS app and the toggle to turn sync ON/OFF for them.
  • Remove the account from the Gmail iOS app and add it back?
  • Delete the Gmail iOS app from the device and reinstall it afresh from the App Store?
Also, please submit feedback regarding this issue to the team via the Feedback option in the Gmail mobile app. That process also includes the relevant OS/device details to best assist the team. The team is known to read all feedback submitted to them, although they may not respond back unless they desire additional information related to the topic of your feedback. The purpose of sending Feedback is to give the team a measure of the volume of users been affected by an issue or requesting a particular feature. The larger the volume of users asking for a feature or reporting a bug, the higher priority it assumes.

From my side, I have noticed another user complaining about this issue. So, I shall also pass it over to the team at Gmail for a look-in. 
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Same issue for gmail. I soft reset my phone, closed app and still same issue.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Thanks for replying.  The issue remains after doing all you suggest.  I have submitted feedback and my logs through the app.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Having the same issue as well! 

I have tried restarting my iPhone, signing out and removing my account then signing back back. But still the promotions, update, forums etc. folders does not load. 

I have no issues accessing my usual primary inbox.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Do you guys have any solution to it. Even I am facing same issue
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
The last update was about the team working on it. I have not received an update thereafter.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Yes, same problem here on IOS. Can not access my Promotions tab or Social Media. Message on bottom says “No Connection” and it will not load.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Exactly same issue here
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I am having the same issues and it is not acceptable from such a tech giant
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Same issue here. Tried turning on and off several times, but to no avail.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Same issue and I have done everything suggested.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Same issue. Started last night. Looking forward to seeing this resolved soon.  Thanks.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Tried your suggestions and still frustratingly have no connection with only one gmail account. Can view the summary bar but when clicking on promo and updates , still get no connection msg.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Same problem for me. First noticed 4/28/21 sometime after 9pm Central Time US. Can't access my social or promotions tabs on my IOS devices.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Same issue. Unable to load one email address in the app.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Thanks!   This option helps for now.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I cannot believe that this is taking so long to fix. Shame on you Google
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Selected the “All” mail, as suggested, still is not working
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Same problem for me and have done what was suggested.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
This happens all the time since yesterday, tried all options to fix. Is there a customer service email for google? I can’t find one.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
The last update I received was that of the team working on it. It is still early in the PDT. I shall seek an update in some hours and post any response I receive from the team.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
@User 10208088025830222196

No customer support emails, I'm afraid. 

Please consider using a desktop or a mobile browser to sign in to your Gmail account until this issue is resolved.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I can’t get social or promotions to open either. Says No Connection.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I’m having the same issue, and it still persists despite trying some of the suggestions that you proposed. By the way, I’m not experiencing this problem with my Primary Gmail folder, but I have the same problem with my Social folder.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Same here Re social emails. No connection shows.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I've been trying to access my Promotional emails on my iPhone for 2 days now, when I click the tab, it says "no connection" and just has the circular loading symbol in the middle that doesn't change any results. I've tired to sync again and restart my phone, that didn't work. I've swiped the button to the off position to remove my account from my phone and then swipe it back on and that also didn't work. I have 2 accounts that it's happening on. I never had this issue prior to yesterday. I need this fixed ASAP. I can access it through my MAC without any issues. I also just checked my Social tab as well, it was working fine yesterday and now this tab is also not working.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I’m having them same issue BUT with only one of my email accounts. My primary email has this issue, but an older email that I use less works fine. This also happens on all of my devices using the gmail app. 
Subscribing for a solution 🤞
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Same for me. I have tried all suggestions
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Started today, exact same issue in iPad with iOS 14.5 and iPhone SE with iOS 14.2. Tried several of the suggested solutions, nothing worked. Funny thing is, it affects only one of the three accounts I work with, the same in both devices. No problem whatsoever if accessing through web version.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
The recent update is that the team is still working on this issue.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I solved it by deleting the gmail application and downloading it again.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Hi everyone so I was having the same issue since last night. The one thing I didn’t do was delete the entire gmail app. So I updated the app, removed my account, then deleted the app. Down loaded the app again, signed in and now it’s back working! Hope this helps everyone!
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I have 3 GMAIL accounts and only 1 with “Promotions” is having the issue saying “No Connection” at the bottom of the GMAIL app for iOS. I’m using the Chrome web browser to reach “Promotions” with no issues.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Same problem. 3days of not being able to access the folders I sort email into. I’ve done all the suggestions without any resolution
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Same problem here.  Can see Primary emails fine but social and promotions are not only not visible but I get the No Connection response.  Seems it’s a system problem when you look at other recent issues on this site.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I have the same issue.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
[iOS] took others suggestion to remove the app and re-download it, works for me now. I wonder if this is related to the iOS update. I started having the issue when I updated my iOS
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
This problem just started fir me last night April  28. Is there a solution yet?  Thanks
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Someone suggested they deleted the Gmail app and then reinstalled it and it corrected the problem for them.  I just did this on both my iPhone and iPad and it fixed the problem for me!

Thank you for posting your solution Gayle Cannon.  It worked!   Hope it doesn’t happen again.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Same problem: only Promotion and Social will show the “No connection” error message. No problem for primary inbox.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Same here. I’ve provided feedback via the app as well. Completed all of the usual troubleshooting including deleting and reinstalling the app.

As with some others this issue is only happening with one of the three accounts I access via the app. The account that fails is a gmail account whilst the other two are corporate google apps accounts.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I cannot access promotions or social from my email app.  Only can access primary emails.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I have sought a status update on this issue. Until this is resolved, as previously suggested, please access Gmail via your mobile/desktop browser.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I have exactly the same issue of not being able to access any other folder except primary.
I also updated ios to 14.5 with no effect
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
@Somnath .  All mail does not now show all mail, only primary mail. So this is not a fix sorry. I have closed app and reopened, no help, I have deleted app and reinstalled, no help. I have shut down my phone and restarted again after each fix attempt, no help. The way I can do my after hours work is only on my tablet, so this is now useless. I have also removed my account from the app and added it back, no help. Tried turning sync off and back on later, no help. So all options offered with kindness do not fix the fault. Thanks for trying, but this needs escalation to higher powers it seems.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I have the same problem with my iPhone and would love a fix.  Thanks!
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I am havin the same issue, have tried all the options but still a problem. Can access via android phone and desktop.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I believe this is day 3 or 4 of the problem with no resolution .
I have also already reported it - the 4 folders impacted on my Iphone 11 are those preset by GMAIL - Social, Promotions, Updates, Forums
I made the mistake of using social for my family to email me
I cannot access these by All Inboxes - it does not showup
I cannot take my laptop with me all day
Please address this promptly
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Same issue here - will send feedback. I noticed the issue started 2 days ago for me (April 28).
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Having the same issue on my iphone but not my laptop.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Thank you for pursuing this issue!
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I'm having the same problem.  The issue started yesterday for me (April 29)
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Having same issue can view on the desktop but not my mobile
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
@Somnath .  All mail does not now show all mail, only primary mail. So this is not a fix sorry.

-- That fix was not my suggestion. But All Mail should display all emails that are not under Spam or Trash. For information on how Gmail stores emails, please refer here: https://blogs-on-gmail.blogspot.com/2019/02/howgmailstores.html. So, that fix should work as well. 

In case you have an issue using the Gmail iOS app, try my suggestion of accessing Gmail from a mobile or desktop browser. 

@everyone:

I have not yet been informed about the fix. Given the last update I received was about the team working towards it, I presume that the status has not changed yet. It is still very early in PDT, so I shall seek a status update sometime later and share it here.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I saw the following in another forum and it fixed both my iPhone and iPad.  I had one account that was being impacted while the other was not.

- Click on your profile picture. Manage accounts on this device. Toggle it off. Close the app. Open app again and toggle it back on.   Social and Promotions now display correctly.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Oh, well... this is going from bad to worse. Now it’s 2 out of 3 mail accounts affected. 

@Somnath: thank you for your help and updates.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Thanks... That did work... Hopefully it continues! Really appreciate this form for support! <3
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
If I delete Gmail from my phone, will I lose my emails, files etc etc?
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
i have had the exact same problem for the last two days. I followed the advice noted above from "Ican'tchooseone"  - toggling off and on again as described - and it worked. Thanks for your help, it was driving me crazy!
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Rather not delete the gmail app and reinstall. I have about 8 emails saved. Still waiting on a fix. You’d think Google would fix this pretty quickly....
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Also an issue for me. Have tried closing and restarting the app, un-selecting this email and then reselecting (when tapped on my profile pic), etc.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I did what the one user above suggested as far as toggling off and on my account, and it solved the issue for me as well. As great as the one admin’s help has been, I find it a bit frustrating — and odd, frankly — that the only workable solution offered by Google so far (as far as I’m aware) has been basically to just stop using the app altogether for the affected account (if you want full access to everything in your account) and instead use a browser on mobile or desktop. It’s a “first world problem,” yes, but it seems a little bit antithetical to Google’s interest for something that seems to be a widespread issue. I guess it wasn’t deemed a matter of enough significance to work faster on it. Thankful for community answers, though, because otherwise there might never have been a fix!
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
The problem I have is none of us did anything wrong to cause this issue
Shouldn't the update that caused it be fixed???
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I'm having a problem receiving any gmails.. They appear for about a second or 2 and then disappear.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I have the same problems and went to the App Store and just updated my account and problem was fixed
marked this as an answer
This question is locked and replying has been disabled.
Discard post? You will lose what you have written so far.
Write a reply
10 characters required
Failed to attach file, click here to try again.
Discard post?
You will lose what you have written so far.
Personal information found

We found the following personal information in your message:

This information will be visible to anyone who visits or subscribes to notifications for this post. Are you sure you want to continue?

A problem occurred. Please try again.
Create Reply
Edit Reply
Delete post?
This will remove the reply from the Answers section.
Notifications are off
Your notifications are currently off and you won't receive subscription updates. To turn them on, go to Notifications preferences on your Profile page.
Report abuse
Google takes abuse of its services very seriously. We're committed to dealing with such abuse according to the laws in your country of residence. When you submit a report, we'll investigate it and take the appropriate action. We'll get back to you only if we require additional details or have more information to share.

Go to the Legal Help page to request content changes for legal reasons.

Reported post for abuse
Unable to send report.
What type of post are you reporting?
Google takes abuse of its services very seriously. We're committed to dealing with such abuse according to the laws in your country of residence. When you submit a report, we'll investigate it and take the appropriate action. We'll get back to you only if we require additional details or have more information to share.

Go to the Legal Help page to request content changes for legal reasons.

Reported post for abuse
Unable to send report.
This reply is no longer available.
/mail/threads
//accounts.google.com/ServiceLogin
You'll receive email notifications for new posts at
Unable to delete question.
Unable to update vote.
Unable to update subscription.
You have been unsubscribed
Deleted
Unable to delete reply.
Removed from Answers
Removed from Updates
Marked as Recommended Answer
Marked as Update
Removed recommendation
Undo
Unable to update reply.
Unable to update vote.
Thank you. Your response was recorded.
Unable to undo vote.
Thank you. This reply will now display in the answers section.
Link copied
Unlocked
Unable to lock
Unable to unlock
Pinned
Unpinned
Unable to pin
Unable to unpin
Marked
Unmarked
Unable to mark
Reported as off topic