GMAIL - "Please login via web browser"
Thanks for posting on the Gmail Help Forum.
To assist you better, could you please provide more information with the help of a screenshot. Also ensure to black out your personal information before posting the screenshot.
keep me posted.
If I try to check my mail from a new location I always get the message I have attached. As you can see 2 step verification is turned of.
An email with the subject "someone has your password" is also being sent to me. Every time I do ask gmail to provide me with ANY proof of their accusations I do not get a reply, they also do not turn of this notification also I did ask them.
If you’re sure your password is right, try these tips, I'd suggest you try these steps one after the other to see if they help:
- If you've turned on 2-Step Verification for your account, you might need to enter an App password instead of your regular password.
- Sign in to your account from the web version of Gmail at https://mail.google.com. Once you’re signed in, try signing in to the mail app again.
- Visit http://www.google.com/accounts/DisplayUnlockCaptcha and sign in with your Gmail username and password. If asked, enter the letters in the distorted picture.
- Your app might not support the latest security standards. Try changing a few settings to allow less secure apps access to your account.
- Make sure your mail app isn't set to check for new email too often. If your mail app checks for new messages more than once every 10 minutes, the app’s access to your account could be blocked.
- Change your password according to our tips on creating a strong password.
Some community members might have badges that indicate their identity or level of participation in a community.
Member levels indicate a user's level of participation in a forum. The greater the participation, the higher the level. Everyone starts at level 1 and can rise to level 10. These activities can increase your level in a forum:
- Post an answer.
- Having your answer selected as the best answer.
- Having your post rated as helpful.
- Vote up a post.
- Correctly mark a topic or post as abuse.
Having a post marked and removed as abuse will slow a user's advance in levels.
View profile in forum?
To view this member's profile, you need to leave the current Help page.
Report abuse in forum?
This comment originated in the Google Product Forum. To report abuse, you need to leave the current Help page.
Reply in forum?
This comment originated in the Google Product Forum. To reply, you need to leave the current Help page.