How do I recall a message I sent out in gmail?1 Recommended Answer
Recall an email with Undo Send
If you turn "Undo Send" on, you can retract a message right after you sent it.
First, turn on Undo Send
- On your computer, open Gmail.
- In the top right, click Settings .
- Click Settings.
- In the "Undo Send" section, check the box next to "Enable Undo Send."
- In the "Send cancellation period" section, set the amount of time you want to decide if you want to unsend an email.
- At the bottom of the page, click Save Changes.
Undo sending your message
After you turn on Undo Send, you can cancel sending an email.
- After you send a message, you'll see the message "Your message has been sent" and the option to Undo or View message.
- Click Undo.
Some community members might have badges that indicate their identity or level of participation in a community.
Member levels indicate a user's level of participation in a forum. The greater the participation, the higher the level. Everyone starts at level 1 and can rise to level 10. These activities can increase your level in a forum:
- Post an answer.
- Having your answer selected as the best answer.
- Having your post rated as helpful.
- Vote up a post.
- Correctly mark a topic or post as abuse.
Having a post marked and removed as abuse will slow a user's advance in levels.
View profile in forum?
To view this member's profile, you need to leave the current Help page.
Report abuse in forum?
This comment originated in the Google Product Forum. To report abuse, you need to leave the current Help page.
Reply in forum?
This comment originated in the Google Product Forum. To reply, you need to leave the current Help page.