Can't add gmail to iOS mail app
I have also tried setting it up as an IMAP email, but when I have it set up like that, I can never send emails; I always get an error message that the outgoing server can't be reached.
My school's IT department said to contact gmail about this problem and that they can't help me.
(Also, please don't just tell me to get the gmail app. That's not helpful advice.)
- You're signing in from a new location or device
To protect your account, Google might make it harder to sign in to your account if they suspect it isn’t you. For example, Google might ask for additional information besides your username and password if you are traveling or if you try to sign in to your account from a new device.
- Go to https://g.co/allowaccess from a different device you have previously used to access your Google account and follow the instructions.
- Try signing in again from the blocked app.
- Your device or app may not support Google's security standards
Some examples of apps that do not support the latest security standards include:
- The Mail app on your iPhone or iPad with iOS 6 or below
- The Mail app on your Windows phone preceding the 8.1 release
- Some Mail apps (not built by Google) that come with your Android Phone
- Some Desktop mail clients like Microsoft Outlook and Mozilla Thunderbird
To help keep your account secure, Google may block these less secure apps from accessing your account. If this is the case, you have two choices:
- Upgrade to a more secure app that uses most up to date security measures. All Google products, like Gmail, use the latest security measures.
- Go to Allow less secure apps and choose “Allow” to let less secure apps access your Google account. Google doesn't recommend this option because it may make it easier for someone to gain access to your account. But some cases where you still might want to allow apps access include:
- If you want to continue using an app you’re familiar with. For example, if you have a Samsung phone and check your email messages with the app that came on the phone, you can choose “Allow” to continue using it.
Many apps, such as the Mail app in some versions of iOS and Windows phones, do not support 2-Step Verification. Instead, you’ll have to create an application specific password to sign in to your account. Visit Problems signing in with 2-Step verification? for instructions on how to use 2-Step Verification on your specific app or device.
If you’ve tried all the options above but are still unable to sign in to your account on the app, try the following:
- Go to https://accounts.google.com/DisplayUnlockCaptcha on your device's browser.
- Enter your username and password, then type the letters on the screen.
- Go back to the app and try signing in again.
Some community members might have badges that indicate their identity or level of participation in a community.
Member levels indicate a user's level of participation in a forum. The greater the participation, the higher the level. Everyone starts at level 1 and can rise to level 10. These activities can increase your level in a forum:
- Post an answer.
- Having your answer selected as the best answer.
- Having your post rated as helpful.
- Vote up a post.
- Correctly mark a topic or post as abuse.
Having a post marked and removed as abuse will slow a user's advance in levels.
View profile in forum?
To view this member's profile, you need to leave the current Help page.
Report abuse in forum?
This comment originated in the Google Product Forum. To report abuse, you need to leave the current Help page.
Reply in forum?
This comment originated in the Google Product Forum. To reply, you need to leave the current Help page.