Gmail Desktop shortcut1 Recommended Answer
Welcome to gmail help forum
1. Go to your Gmail inbox using your browser of choice
2. Copy the text that is in the address bar (see below if you don't know what that is)
3. Go to the desktop and right-click, then choose New>Shortcut
4. Paste the webpage address you copied into the 'Create Shortcut' dialogue. Click 'next'
5. Type a name for the shortcut. 'Gmail' is the obvious one. Click 'Finish'.
6. Test your new shortcut and make sure it works. A window or tab should open showing Gmail. If not, delete it and have another try.
7. The shortcut is now on your desktop. Leave it there, or we suggest drag it to the taskbar (the taskbar is the row of icons at the bottom of the screen that are always there) or start menu, and that's where it will stay. Or if your version of Windows supports it, you can sometimes just right click on the icon and get the option to 'Pin to taskbar' or 'Pin to start menu'.
Some community members might have badges that indicate their identity or level of participation in a community.
Member levels indicate a user's level of participation in a forum. The greater the participation, the higher the level. Everyone starts at level 1 and can rise to level 10. These activities can increase your level in a forum:
- Post an answer.
- Having your answer selected as the best answer.
- Having your post rated as helpful.
- Vote up a post.
- Correctly mark a topic or post as abuse.
Having a post marked and removed as abuse will slow a user's advance in levels.
View profile in forum?
To view this member's profile, you need to leave the current Help page.
Report abuse in forum?
This comment originated in the Google Product Forum. To report abuse, you need to leave the current Help page.
Reply in forum?
This comment originated in the Google Product Forum. To reply, you need to leave the current Help page.