Move from lnbox to Gmail
As Gmail continues to improve, we’re working to bring the best features over from Inbox. In Gmail, you’ll find workflows that are similar to your favorite ones in Inbox.
Note: Support for Inbox ended in March 2019.
Use Inbox features in Gmail
Some of Inbox's popular features have been added to Gmail.
- Snooze emails: Postpone emails to a future date or time that's more convenient for you. Learn how to snooze emails in Gmail.
- Follow-ups (nudges): Gmail occasionally moves old emails to the top of your inbox with a suggestion to reply or follow up. Learn how to show or hide these nudges to follow up.
- Hover actions: On your computer, you can point to emails in your inbox and quickly take action, like archiving or marking as read, without opening the email.
- Smart Reply: Quickly reply to an email using suggested phrases that appear based on the email you received. Learn how to use Smart Reply.
Try Gmail experiences similar to Inbox
Gmail has many features to help you manage your email in similar ways to Inbox. If you used pins, bundles, or reminders in Inbox, here’s what you can do in Gmail:
Apply stars or labels to pinned emails:
- In Gmail, enter the search query:
- Select any or all emails you'd like to mark for later.
- 'Add star' or apply a label.
You can use labels and filters to identify and group the same types of emails, in a similar way to bundles. To bundle emails in Gmail you can do the following:
Apply filters to emails:
- In your Gmail Settings, open Filters and Blocked Addresses.
- Click Create a new filter.
- Add an identifier to “Has the words.”
Examples of identifiers:
Note: By default, categories and tabs in Gmail are organized similarly to the default bundles in Inbox.
- To see reminders you’ve already created in Inbox, use Google Search Assistant.
- To see past reminders or “Saved to Inbox” items, export them with Reminders Takeout.
- To keep track of the things you need to do, use Google Tasks. You can also download the Tasks app on your Android, iPhone, or iPad.
- To create notes and set reminders, use Google Keep. You can also download the Keep app on your Android, iPhone, or iPad.
- On your computer, use Gmail, Tasks, and Keep side by side.
Get more out of Gmail
- Learn what’s new in Gmail: We recently introduced a new Gmail experience for all our users, and we’ll continue to add new features.
- Use other Google products with Gmail: You can use Gmail with Calendar, Keep, Tasks, and other tools side by side on your computer.
- Try experimental features in Gmail: You can test and share feedback about experimental features before they get released.