Apply the same filter to many senders
You can use one filter to manage messages from a number of different email addresses. Here's how:
- Open Gmail.
- Click the small down arrow in the search box.
- In the From field, add each email address, separated with the word OR. For example, "firstname.lastname@example.org OR email@example.com."
- Enter any other filter criteria in the appropriate fields.
- Click Create filter with this search at the bottom of the box.
- Check the boxes next to the actions you want the filter to take.
- Check Also apply filter to matching conversations if you'd like to apply the filter to old messages, as well as new messages. Otherwise, your filter will only be applied to new emails.
- Note: If you're using a filter to forward your emails, your old messages will not be forwarded even if you check this option.
- Click Create Filter.
You can create an unlimited number of filters, but only 20 filters can forward to other addresses. Combining filters like this is a great way to maximize your filtered forwarding.