Sign in to Gmail
To open Gmail, you can login from a computer, or add your account to the Gmail app on your phone or tablet. Once you're signed in, check your mail by opening your inbox.
To sign in, add your Gmail account
When you add an account to the Gmail app, you can sign in to the app using that account. You can also add multiple accounts to the app and switch among them.
- If you aren't on the latest version of the Gmail app, update the Gmail app.
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Gmail app .
- In the top left, tap Menu .
- To the right of your username, tap the Down arrow .
- Tap Add account.
- Choose the type of account you want to add.
- Follow the steps on the screen to add your account.
- After your account is added, you'll be signed in to Gmail any time you open the Gmail app.
Michelle is a Gmail expert and the author of this help page. Leave her feedback about this help page.