To open Gmail, you can sign in from a computer or add your account to the Gmail app on your phone or tablet. Once you're signed in, open your inbox to check your mail.
Want to get more out of Google apps at work or school? Sign up for a Google Workspace trial at no charge.
Add your account
On your iPhone or iPad, you can add both Gmail and non-Gmail accounts to the Gmail app.
- On your iPhone or iPad, open the Gmail app .
- At the top right, tap your profile picture.
- Tap Add another account.
- Choose the type of account you want to add:
- If you use iCloud, @me.com, or @mac.com accounts, you may have to enter specific settings or an app password.
- If you check work or school emails through Outlook for Windows, select Outlook, Hotmail, and Live.
- If you don't find your email service, select Other.
- To add your account, follow the on-screen steps.
- Optional: Tap Try Gmailify to get Gmail features for your other email accounts.